Reliable & Affordable Washington AC Services
Do you need AC Service in Washington, NC? Papa’s Heating & Air is an AC service specialist in the Washington area. Summer is a great time of year, but it also means your air conditioning unit needs to be functioning properly. There are many different problems that can go wrong with an air conditioning system, therefore it is very important to keep your AC well-maintained so that you do not end up with unexpected expenses and no cool air for your home.
AC Warning Signs
- If your air conditioner is not working at all, you want to check to see if all of the settings are correct. Always take a look at your thermostat to confirm it is set to “cool”. Then, you always want to be sure that you have not tripped a breaker, so always go to your electrical panel and double check. If everything looks good, it is time to call an AC service Washington, NC professional.
- When your air conditioner is running, but it is making strange noises that are different than the norm, you should make sure that the settings where they normally are. Also, turn off your air conditioner for a moment, then turn it back on – if you still hear the strange noises, calling an AC service company in Washington, NC is highly recommended.
- Any type of smell that is detected from your air conditioner could mean that you might have dirt, mold, or even mildew inside your unit. This is a serious problem that needs to be fixed immediately. If you do not get it fixed, the air that is circulated could be spreading mold and mildew throughout your house which can create serious health issues.
- Short cycling is perfectly normal if your air conditioner starts to do that when it gets warmer during the summertime. However, if the outside temperature is not particularly warmer than normal, but your air conditioning unit continues to turn on and off, there may be some type of malfunction going on. Contact an AC service Washington, NC repairman for troubleshooting.
- If you see any type of water leaking in or around your unit, it may be an issue. A small amount of condensation is normal for an air-conditioning unit, but if there is excessive water, it might mean several different problems could be going on. An AC service professional in Washington, North Carolina is recommended for this type of issue, because your air conditioner has many different electrical components and getting them wet could mean ruining your entire unit.
- Anytime your air-conditioning unit is icy or frosty, it could mean a blocked or restricted airflow. When that happens, it literally is making your unit freeze up. A detection like that generally means that you will need to schedule a service call to get the problem fixed.
Always be sure to check on the warranty of your air-conditioning unit. Many Washington homeowners do not realize that certain parts of their air-conditioning unit might be under warranty. No matter what, always shop around to see what types of service packages you can get. Many different AC service repair Washington, NC companies will offer a special rate for a summer discount. You also might check with family and friends to see if they recommend anyone in particular.
General AC Maintenance Washington, NC
There are simple ways to maintain your Washington air-conditioning unit to keep it functioning properly. Here are seven tips.
- Always change your filter. Certain filters can last longer, but most of the time it is recommended to have air conditioning filters changed at least once a month. A dirty or a clogged filter is going to make your air conditioner work harder and it will also make your utility bill higher.
- Keep the coils and fins on the outside of your unit clean and clear from obstructions. Occasionally leaves and other debris accumulate around the unit. You can fix this problem with a garden hose or a broom, but don’t ever use a pressure washer.
- All of the shrubbery around your outside unit needs to be properly trimmed. You do not want to have anything falling inside your unit.
- Always be sure that your dryer vent is not angled toward your AC unit. Lint from the dryer exhaust can cause problems with your AC unit.
- Adjust your thermostat to a higher temperature if you are gone for large stretches of time every day. This will lessen the amount that your unit needs to work and it will help lower your bill.
- Check your ductwork and any open spaces for proper sealing. If you have areas that are not sealed correctly, that can affect your electrical bill, but it also is allowing heat to come in your air-conditioned home.
- Always schedule a tuneup with an AC service professional. You want to be sure this person has the proper training and experience. A yearly tuneup can save you a great deal of money in the long run. Contact Papa’s Heating & Air for AC service in Washington, North Carolina.