Heating & Air Service, Repair, Installation
Heating & Air Euharlee, GA service is fundamental to your comfort. Having a local Euharlee heating & air company that you can call 24/7 in the event of a break down is essential. Our goal at Papa’s Heating & Air is to connect you to heating & air companies in the Euharlee, GA area who are trained technicians who have skills and knowledge to complete your installation or repair in a fast, timely manner and at a price you can afford.
Any homeowner that has ever experienced a frigid winter or an extremely hot summer in Euharlee, GA without heating and air knows all about how uncomfortable it can be. There are many different ways to heat and cool a home, but generally most homeowners are looking for a long-term solution. Of course, it may cost more in the beginning, but the payoff is going to be energy efficiency and lower bills. The key: getting the right system and having everything installed properly. Plus, doing research on the different units is also going to play an important factor in getting the right heating and air system for your home.
The installation of a central heat and air unit in Euharlee, GA is going to range between $3700 – $7200 according to reports across the United States. The reason this cost is higher – a central unit is going to be a better and more permanent option.
- A window unit that is installed in the window of a home is called a singular A/C system unit. Surprisingly enough, these particular units are not very expensive. A homeowner can purchase one at a hardware store or even a department store and spend under $500. Yes, it is a cheaper way to go, but wait until you see your electric bill. Your home may be ice cold in the summer, but expect to see a bill that is going to be more than double. To Install an AC/Heat Window Unit in Euharlee, GA — get free estimates by calling 1-855-248-6213.
- A split system unit is also referred to as a mini-split (ductless) or a central unit system that is installed as inside and outside units. This isn’t a bad way to go, but most homeowners will still go with the installation of a central system using a duct system. For split system installation Euharlee, GA — contact us.
- A portable unit is also another type of A/C that can be literally “moved” around the house, but again this is going to be harsh on your electrical bill. These units are great for smaller areas that you would like to drop the temperature if you are not using your portable unit for long periods of time.
Here are questions that are good to know before you do any type of installation or even commit to a professional doing your heating & air work.
Will the size of the unit be correct for my home?
This answer is very important! Many Euharlee homeowners would be surprised to know that they have a unit that is too large or too small for their home. A quality professional will get measurements of your home and do load calculations to determine how many BTU’s will be required to provide accurate heating and air to your home. You always want to be sure this is done correctly, because that is going to be instrumental in making sure you are getting an energy-efficient unit.
Is my duct system correct for my air-conditioning unit?
Your heating and air Euharlee, GA technician should automatically inspect your ducts for any damaged, leaking, or even in some cases – missing spots. If you are operating a new unit with a damaged duct system, your air-conditioner performance is going to be greatly affected. If you do need repairs, it is important to get them done. The last thing any homeowner wants to do: not get the right installation. Get the job done right.
Will I have the right airflow?
The airflow actually needs to be just right in order to maximize the air conditioners performance. Your Euharlee heating and air specialist can measure the volume and adjust the ducts/vent to make sure the airflow is correct. You really want to be sure this is done accurately. Otherwise, you may end up with hot spots throughout your home.
What about the refrigerant? Do I need more or less?
Most homeowners do not understand what the refrigerant actually is. The refrigerant is what cools the air flowing through your home while it’s liquid is being consumed by your central air system. If you don’t feel cold air or if you seem to notice moisture in the air, it is crucial to contact your heating and air contractor Euharlee, GA immediately. You will want to get your refrigerant checked to find out if you need more. Or, there could be a problem that needs to be fixed, like a refrigerant leak.
EER and SEER Ratings
Determining the best cooling unit for your Euharlee home is going to depend on getting the most energy efficient and the least expensive unit to operate. There are a few different ways to determine if you are getting the best energy efficiency ratio (EER) and you also want to know about the seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) ratings of cooling units.
- The EER or energy efficiency ratio is calculated by the rate of the cooling in the British thermal units or BTU’s. Most Euharlee homeowners will recognize “BTU’s” as a way to gauge just how big of a unit their home will need. The BTU’s per hour are divided by the rate of energy input in watts at a specific temperature. Yes, this can get complicated to understand, but that is why having a HVAC professional in Euharlee, Georgia install your heating & air unit is so important. The optimal rating for a cooling unit is going to be about 80db/67wb inside and 95db/75wb outside.
- SEER ratings or seasonal energy efficiency ratio are important, especially if you live in an area where the temperature changes drastically. The SEER is determined by the cooling output during the winter divided by the electric input during the winter. The higher the rating, the more efficient your unit will operate. As of January 2006, cooling units must specifically have a minimum SEER of 13 according to U.S. standards. If you live in a Euharlee home that has had a system installed prior to 2006, it might be a good idea to have your heating & air system checked out or even replaced. Having a SEER 13 unit will increase the home efficiency by 30%, which is actually fairly drastic.
Having all of this work done to your home can be very overwhelming, especially because this is foreign territory for most homeowners. When you start to shop for a new unit, always be sure that you are also checking references and reviews for each heating and air contractor in Euharlee, GA. Experience is very important, but also finding a company that has a good reputation can be just as important. You also want to find out about any type of warranty that your Euharlee heating and air company might have. Finding out which brands are recommended can also make the process go a bit easier.